This often leads to them licking and chewing the trap, and some will even swallow the trap during the process. If you can't reach a doctor right away, you can call the pet poison control hotline at 1-800-213-6680, who may be able to assist you with treatment options specific to the type of poison your dog has ingested.

My dog ate Raid ant bait Tuesday evening. Do not induce vomiting unless instructed to do so by a veterinary professional. Common signs of food poisoning in dogs include vomiting, diarrhea and stomach bloating, and, while generally non-fatal to healthy dogs, should be taken seriously after ingesting anything foreign.

When reaching for diatomaceous earth, however, be sure to look for varieties labeled "food-grade" which are non-toxic if ingested by dogs. Perhaps, you may assume that what can kill ants, must somehow harm dogs. Chances are, she’s currently giving him the eyes and begging to go to the park. If you find your dog has eaten or chewed an ant trap and is showing symptoms of poisoning it’s recommended to call and visit your local veterinarian or local animal hospital immediately. This is the most direct way of controlling an ant infestation. My Dog Ate Rat Poison, What to Do and Which Rat Poisons are Toxic to Dogs, Dog Safe Slug Killers – Get Rid Of Slugs Without Harming Your Dog 2020, Best Dog Safe Mouse Traps – Trap Mice Without Harming Your Dog. If your dog chewed an ant bait, you are obviously worried as thoughts of poisons come to mind . They can cause dogs serious health problems, and you’ll want to treat the situation seriously. My dog just ate Raid Max double control ant baits.

An ant infestation can certainly be a headache to deal with, which is why many people opt for poisonous ant bait traps to rid their domiciles of these invasive insects.

If large amounts of the Raid ant baits are consumed, the risk of toxicity increases. ... (the things used to bind and preserve the bait), rather than the poison itself. Things may be quite problematic when instead of attracting ants, your ant bait attracts your dog and next thing you know youre entering my dog chewed ant bait as a query in hopes for directions and hopefully, some reassuring news. Some of the most common symptoms include: If you notice any of these symptoms, contact your vet. Of all the things that dogs eat, items containing poisons are often the most troubling. Some vets may recommend that you feed your dog following the ingestion of plastic. If an ant infestation is a chronic problem your home faces, or if you can count on these bugs to find their way inside at a certain time every year, you can still fight them off without risking your dog's health. Active ingredient(s):  Sodium borate (Borax). Additionally, K9ofMine.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links. The ant bait stations are made for indoor use while the granules are made for outdoor household protection. Of all the things that dogs eat, items containing poisons are often the most troubling. Signs of abamectin toxicity include pupil dilation, vomiting, seizures, and muscle tremors. As a pesticide, you’re likely to only find this in pest-control products. An ant infestation can certainly be a headache to deal with, which is why many people opt for poisonous ant bait traps to rid their domiciles of these invasive insects.

Lambda-cyhalothrin is toxic when ingested and can be very irritating when it makes contact with skin. Since the likelihood of toxicity is low in small amounts, it’s important to know exactly how much your pet ate. Usually, it is small amount and the dosage is enough for ants. 1 Comment. Pet-safe store-bought options are also available in most pet stores and at some home repair retailers — just be sure to read the labels carefully to make sure that specific formula is guaranteed to be pet-friendly.

Sometimes the family dog can be enticed by the sweet smell of some of these store-bought traps, which can yield disastrous effects if your dog ate ant poison. As soon as you’ve discovered your dog has eaten the bait traps, call your family veterinarian, emergency veterinary hospital, or Pet Poison Helpline. Ant traps are pretty simple devices. Can Dogs Eat Imitation Crab Meat?? Share your experience in the comments!

Put those bait stations in an area away from your dog’s reach or keep an eye on the bait stations.

This includes ant traps – the little plastic doodads many people place under kitchen counters and inside pantries to help address problems with ants. Most ant traps contain some type of smelly food, such as peanut butter or bread crumbs, which is intended to attract the attention of ants. There are some animals we love to share our homes with, and others we could do without, including ants. Depending on how much poison was consumed, your veterinarian may opt to induce vomiting by administering activated charcoal, which can rid your dog's body of lingering poisons and toxins. As mentioned above, you may also try doing dog-friendly homemade ant traps. Other ingredients:  Peanut butter, vegetable oil, microcrystalline wax, powdered sugar. My Dog Ate Snail Poison What Should I Do?

So, unlike other bait traps like gopher or snail poison, which, according to VCA Hospitals can be fatally toxic to dogs, a dog's reaction to ant bait traps generally mimics symptoms of food poisoning. Has your dog ever eaten an ant trap? Another commonly used ant bait product, Raid can be found in almost any store.

While most things aren’t harmful, what happens when your dog chooses to eat something that could be toxic? 1) They smell tasty.

Hot Shot ant bait stations boast a guarantee of 6-months worth of protection in your home. But that doesn’t mean these pest-control devices are completely harmless, either. Borax is a common ingredient found in numerous commonly used household products like hand soaps, laundry detergent, and cleaning products. For example, a small 20 pound dog would have to eat 20 trays of Amdro bait to necessitate induction of vomiting. The small bait traps consist of granules designed to be carried back to the ant colony. First thing's first — ant poison can do serious damage to ants, but most dogs will need to eat an enormous amount of the stuff to become seriously ill, so you shouldn't panic but will need to take some health measures.